Monday, April 14, 2014

Zippered Pouches and Soupçon Progress!

Yesterday was a rainy Sunday, so I decided to make a couple of zippered pouches.  I used the tutorial so generously put up by Noodlehead!  Open Wide Zippered Pouch appealed to me so much because you can see inside  the pouch so very easily.  I made one for myself and one for my daughter.  This one is my daughters.  I loved the fun print.
The inside fabric has clocks on it.
This one is mine, because I love cats.
 Look at the fun mice on the inside.
The tab on the zipper has a mouse riding a bicycle.  What a hoot.  I could not resist fussy cutting the little critter.
 Karen, over at faeries and fibres is starting another QAL.  This one involves lots of hexies.  I am so excited to start this next QAL because her designs are wonderful and her tutorials are just top drawer.  So I needed to progress MAJORLY on my Soupçon.  The pieced border was holding me up.  I just had to make the time to gather the fabrics and cut them out.  Once that was done, the borders go together really well.  I am now working on the hexagons for the next border.  Im feeling the pressure to get this done before her new QAL.  Hop on over to Karen's blog - you won't be sorry you did.

4 comments:

  1. what cute pouches! the zipper pull is so great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chantal - your zippered pouch is adorable! Just love your fabric choices (very humorous!) And thanks for the shout out on my next QAL. Your Soupcon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabrics for your pouches! I need to find some better fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chantal, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete